Thursday, May 30, 2019

Shipping to the Bahamas... hmmmm,... How hard can it be?

Do you know the saying that goes "... If there is a will, there is a way..."?

It's like ordering parts for your boat when you are in the Bahamas.
Why to buy online you ask?, Good question...
A - you can not find every part that you want here;
B - those items that you do find (lets say 5200), are very, let me repeat, very, very expensive;

So, you go online and you order - simple, no?
Than you discover that Amazon doesn't really ship (anything) to the Bahamas.
So you search other websites, and yes, some do ship here. They use companies like DHL, FedEx, and even the post office to do it.
You buy online (reasonable price), you pay and arm and a leg to ship it, and the rest of your body in import taxes and VAT.
And it is not all; None of the shippers call you, or send you a message that they need you (custom form etc.). You have to follow up on your shipment in every step of the process, then call the company, find out why there is a delay, pay the taxes, and hope that you will get your order..

I have tried 4 different methods - DHL, FedEx, mail (from England) using eBay, and a service from Florida.

In the meantime I enjoy great sunrises and sunsets and cooking (See photos below)


Update --
I got two out of the four orders...
I got the FedEx package, which I had to walk 2 miles to the office, pay, and collect the package.
Two days later I had to walk to DHL office (only one mile), again pay, and collect the package.
No other package has arrived as yet (Sunday May 26, 2019)...
Stay tuned...
Below are some great dishes and sunsets..
Making spagetti


Update 2 - after another few days I got the 3rd order. Still waiting for the forth and last original order.
I, in the mean time I located a service here in town that  allow you to order to a US address and they ship it here for you.
I placed an order and following up - as before - stay tuned.



\

No comments:

Post a Comment