Tuesday, May 7, 2019

in Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahama

We are in Marsh Harbour (the correct English spelling...)
For our American friends, we are in Marsh Harbor.....

BTW - you can always track our location (when updated) using an application that will report the following -
EMANUEL IV Noon Position Report
Sailing Vessel, Flag: USA, IMO: 0, MMSI: 367594850, Call Sign: WDK7239
Vessel Position on Map
Local Time: 2019-05-04 11:56 (Time Zone UTC-4)
Time UTC: 2019-05-04 15:56
Position Lat/Lon: 26.54693° / -77.05356°
Speed/Course: 0.0 knots / 353°
AIS Status: Class B
Area: CARIBS Caribbean Sea
Source of Position: TERR-AIS

Have fun with it...

Before we left Hope Town, that I know we will go back to visit, we walked some more, and climb the Light House. The view from the top is always amazing
The famous T-Shirt



..
Just look at the photos.

We came here on Friday around 1000, after an event-less motoring on flat seas and little wind. Well, it is really only less than 9 miles from Hope Town so... less than two hours and.. we are here.
We had to circle around for an hour until a slip was vacant. We already know that we will need to move the boat to another slip in a day or two but that's OK with us. (for those that like full details - we are in slip 34 and will move early in the week (maybe as things keep on changing) to slip 16.
We plan to stay in Marsh Harbour for 2 - 3 months.

My home for the next few months
Marsh Harbour is a major city and a hub in the Abaco islands. It has stores, technical support (thou limited to a degree) and even a boat yard (not that I need one). However, I do have a long list of to-do's.
One of the reason we are taking our time and stressing the boat, is the find out what breaks. And guess what it does break - so we (spelled I) need to fix it.

I have a list of things to do and I will go through them.
Sun rise in Marsh Harbour

I/ We will also explore every thing around us.
Hani will leave me.. She is going to Israel this coming Thursday for almost 7 weeks to take care of her parents. I will miss her, but that is why she left me with her list of my To-Do!!!

Today, Monday, we took the dinghy to Mermaid Reef and went snorkeling. I go the go-pro ready, all the gear we needed, put the dinghy in the water and
Cocoa had a hair cut...
what a day - it was a new definition to swimming with the fish.
You just float in the reef and fish come to you, swim with you, and some are even happy to clean you.
Anchorage in the bay
Unfortunately, i left the go pro on the boat.... so, next time I will do a video.

PS - we have moved to day to our new slip - yes, slip 16.

Panoramic view

Look at the name





1 comment: