Monday, May 13, 2019

All by my self...

Hani has left me... Well only for 7 weeks...
Vacation is here :-)
Well - almost, as Cocoa is with me, and my to-do list is as long as my (long) arm.

Hani in the airport before leaving me

Cocoa is waiting for Hani to come back

Cocoa and I bonding
Homemade Pain Killer
It is Monday night and it is storming, wind, rain, lightning etc.
It will be a long night...
Purple light  - no fish

Hani left on Thursday and my days so far has been with pain - and pain is treated with the favorite local drink - pain killer. And it works. That rum drink is the solution (at least that is what I think) for many pains. And if you drink enough of it, you probably don't even remember that you had pain :-)

So really my days have been quite routine. I try to complete my selected daily project by 1000 - 1030, and before it gets too hot, than I rest a little (code name for doing nothing), talk to people, boat watching, looking t who get grounded and the coming and going of the Baker Island resort, than, to the pool. shower and.. repeat (day after day after day....).. And I almost forgot, I am working on my tan...
Cocoa resting
Hard life.
Marsh Harbour
So far I have sawed, fixed some stuff, schedule rigger, mechanic and spoiled Cocoa.
Still looking for fish
One of the projects completed
Boat grounded in low tide
View from the dock

Marsh Harbour is a commerce hub for the Abaco. It has many marinas, restaurants (and KFC), large supermarket, hardware stores (even ACE), one limited supply marine store and many liqueur stores!!!
So I follow my original rule Beer = Food!!

For those of you that are interested more in technical stuff, I am having a rigger coming to look at a few thing tomorrow. One item is that I am unhappy with my new sails, main issues is that the Jib camber spar is not rotating - thus third of the sail is not effective, and the main sail is not adjusted correctly and the top is not working. And - I did do a fix to the boom under way and I would like it to be checked.
That's all for tonight. Hani is not here to check my mistakes - so have fun correcting them.






No comments:

Post a Comment